London benefits from being one of the most populous and busy cities in the world. It makes it easy to find almost any service you could need and looking for a consultant neurologist based in London will bring up many names, meaning you need to spend time and care choosing the right professional for your needs.
Neurology is the area of medicine that looks at disorders and conditions of the nervous system. The nervous system incorporates two main parts:
- The central nervous system: made up of the brain and spinal cord
- The peripheral nervous system: all other neural parts of the body including skin, ears, eyes and other parts which make up the body’s sensory receptors.
Neurologists specialise in treating conditions in these parts of the body. Disorders which affect the brain, spinal cord and nerves include:
- Specific spinal cord disorders
- Many speech and language disorders
- Parkinson’s Disease and other movement disorders
- Cerebrovascular diseases such as strokes
- Headache conditions
- Infections of the brain and nervous system
- Neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s Disease
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating diseases
Symptoms for visiting a Consultant Neurologist
There are many symptoms which may lead you to consider finding a consultant neurologist based in London. As a local resident or worker in the area it makes sense to find a professional convenient for your day to day life who can help you with any number of symptoms. You may need a referral to a consultant neurologist if you are experiencing:
- Headaches: if you suffer from frequent painful headaches such as migraine then they may need further investigation
- Chronic back or neck pain: when this kind of pain is teamed with other symptoms such as weakness or numbness, a neurologist may be brought into your care
- Dizziness: when dizziness comes in the form of vertigo or disequilibrium, referral to a neurologist is often recommended
- Numbness: numbness or tingling can be caused by many medical problems. However, if it comes on quickly or affects one side of the body then you may see a neurologist
These are just some of the symptoms which may see a referral to a consultant neurologist.
APPOINTMENTS WITH DR PAVIOUR
You can make an appointment with Dr Paviour, a leading London-based neurologist, through his practice managers, Gayle Goodwin and Amy Troke. Contact them via telephone on 020 7042 1850 or email on: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.